Weddings at Temple Beth Shalom are an authentic, memorable Jewish expression of your commitment to each other. Officiated by Rabbi Neil Amswych, all Jewish, multifaith, and LGBT couples are welcome! Rabbi Neil will lead the service with you under the sacred space of the chuppah, the Jewish wedding canopy, at a location of your choice. All couples must meet with Rabbi Neil for two or three hour-long sessions to get to know each other, discuss the ceremony, and chat about the significance of creating a Jewish home.
You can personalize your ceremony with traditional and creative rituals. Let your loved ones receive you as a couple with shouts of Mazal Tov, and then move on to your celebratory reception!
- Design your own chuppah or use the beautiful TBS chuppah that has sheltered numerous other couples during their wedding ceremonies.
- Honor special guests by asking them to read poetry or sing blessings.
- End your service with the tradition of breaking the wine glass to symbolize the breaking of all barriers between you, your beloved, and your communities.
Here are a few things to consider when planning your wedding at Temple Beth Shalom:
- Please book your wedding at least six months in advance.
- Once the date is set, you can set up two or three meetings with Rabbi Neil to plan the ceremony.
Rabbi Neil can officiate weddings in Santa Fe, indoors or outdoors... or anywhere in the world. Cost varies depending on location and travel requirements.
- The sanctuary space inside Temple Beth Shalom is available by donation for members and for a reasonable rental fee for non-members. It can hold up to 115 people for the service.
- The social hall at Temple Beth Shalom is also available for a reasonable rental fee and can seat approximately 100 people for the reception, depending upon the room's setup (for example, banquet and dining only or for music and dancing). Events can begin as early as noon and end as late as midnight.
In return for the rental fee, TBS staff will set up tables according to your floor plan, vacuum, and put tables away after your event ends. Renters are responsible for setting up and cleaning up all food, decorations, table settings, and flowers.
- Spiritual pre-marital counseling is available upon request for an additional fee.
- Please contact Ya’el Chaikind, Assistant to the Rabbi, at email@example.com with any questions or for details on costs and date availability.